Monday, March 03, 2008

So High...My Shoes are Scrapin' the Sky!




The last two weeks have been absolutely wonderful. I don’t want to go on and on-but I do want to share a few unforgettable moments.

5.) Dancing barefoot on the Barcelona Pier to the sounds of a Mariachi Reggae band. I almost didn’t sit through the 7 hr bus ride to Barcelona because I spent a week there during Semester at Sea. Within the first few hours in the city, I realized that would have been a grave mistake! I had SO much fun this time, and I learned about the city’s history from a different perspective because I traveled with a group vs. friends. I developed a new appreciation for art (and stained glass-see #4)


4.) 2 of 3 trips to La Sagrada Familia- Commonly referred to as the 8th wonder of the world, this ENORMOUS cathedral designed by Guadi, is scheduled to be complete in 2026.I visited it in 2006 at night, but I don’t have the words to justly describe the interior’s awe-inspiring beauty. But this I know for sure, I will be back with my family in 20 years to see the finished masterpiece (And from the pictures you will see, perhaps you can understand why I want a stained glass window in my house…lol)

3.) Adventures in las Discotecas-Now I LOVE to dance. But lately my boogie nights have been particularly interesting social experiments! I’m always amazed at the lengths (or lack thereof!) that men will go to in order to achieve some sort of conquest. Since WHEN does a trip to the DJ booth and a Fanta warrant a one-night stand?!?! Never—in my book. And what could possibly make someone think that I would put my friends in a taxi and go with them…after knowing them for two hours. The world may never know…

2.) Always Sisters, Always Friends-Finally, I hooked up with my sorority sister from Florida. We laughed, talked, and reminisced about our sisterhood and our life stories over amazing Thai food. We sashayed through an uuber-expensive mall-admiring things that we will eventually purchase, laughing at the hoochie coutour items, and buying what we could-LOL. There are lots of good times on the horizon-and I am very excited.

1.) All play and no work- Well…that’s a slight overstatement-but it’s definitely time to kick into “crunch mode” I have less than ONE WEEK of classes left, and plenty of material to learn/review/study. I’ve put myself on the hourly schedule, and I have deferred the rest of my fun until after finals.

Until then.

Always,

Rhonda

PICTURE LINK

http://ualr.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2025798&l=00e0e&id=120500037

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I soar so high only to look down, I take off and wish my feet were firmly planted, I land and look up again... lol LIFE! ARGHHHHHHHH im very happy that you are living to the fullest. And you know i want to see pictures of that cathedral! 20 years huh? lol.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home