Saturday, August 26, 2006






Oh, the places I’ll go…Oh, the people I’ll meet…

Today was absolutely fabulous. I started the day with a healthy breakfast of All-Bran cereal, croissants, pastries and fruit. (I have to be detailed about the food for my parental units…I even took my vitaminJ:) ) After breakfast I reported to the field office where I will complete my work-study commitment. Today’s task: Stuffing folders for faculty-directed field programs and stapling folders for the vicarious elementary school voyagers. I do enjoy being a work study student because I have the unmatched opportunity to interact with a core group of students, faculty, and staff members. Good times! After work, I proceeded to our pre-embarkation meeting where we received assignments for the arrival of 600 other students in Ensenada, Mexico. From 0900-1500 tomorrow I will be greeting and directing students to the Bursar’s square where registration will occur.
After the meeting I encountered two phenomenal individuals, Craig and Kasmine. What began as a brief introduction developed into an intriguing discussion and lunch with two amazingly talented and hospitable people. Although they were guests on the ship, Craig and Kasmine welcomed my questions, interest, and most impressively offered insight (and shopping tips! :) ) If you’re reading this Craig and Kasmine, I appreciated our brief connection, and I look forward to talking with you more before I move to NYC. In the words of Craig, aka the camera man, “There are a few truly good people in the world, and it’s really nice when you meet one.” And Kasmine, I, too, am thankful for “God-Sightings.” I’ll definitely stay in touch.
My afternoon was pretty relaxed. I made a few final phone calls and now I’m sitting in the Daily Grind coffee shop, enjoying one last bit of free wireless internet before we depart for Ensenada, Mexico tonight at 2030. I will try to write again around September 2nd, after I port in Honolulu. Please send me a comment with your mailing address and email address. Specify if you want to receive pictures from the ports when I send them. Also, I’m trying to get my contact database together for postcards and mailings because good internet and phone service may be sparse over the next few weeks. We’ll see.

All my best,

Rhonda

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhonda, Is that your huge duffle bag that you are sitting on in the photo? My daughter saw one like that & wanted to get it but then we realized that she has to fly to Nassau to get on the ship when she goes in the Spring & we figured with a bag that big she would get charged for overweight & oversize by the airline & that would be a lot of money which could be put to better use on the trip. What was your experience with the luggage issue? Any advice? We are following your blog & really enjoying it. Thanks!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home