Easy, Breezy, Beautiful, San Diego!

Hello All,
I thought I'd write a bit while the wireless internet is still free....lol. I arrived in San Diego yesterday around 2:00 p.m. pacific time. After a cancelled flight from Phoenix and delayed luggage arrival, I was ready to get some rest! Jihanne ( Fall06 voyager of Haitian descent from Florida-Comm. major) and I stayed at the 500 west hotel about 5 minutes from the dock. It was ultra modern, Ikea-ish, and basic. We had no air conditioning and our room was about 9x12, but it really didn't matter. We could handle it for one night. After a 3 hour trip to an outdoor mall and chinese dinner in the food court, we retired to the hotel for the evening. Our floor has a wireless ready common area (and unisex bathrooms...) so, here I sit-writing to you. On a funny -note...I must find a Wal-Mart!LOLOL-Now you know I practically gave them my life savings before this trip, but I forgot to bring vitamines (mom don't laugh...) bobby pins, and the mini razors. I also forgot nail polish remover and nail polish. However, I keep reminding myself..."Rhonda, this is not about being fashionable. It's about education. But, I've still got to be fabulous. :) For the last few hours I've been trying to arrange my travel for Hawaii and Japan. It's been a bit stressful, because I don't know any Japanese, and the internet can be elusive (to say the least!) Thankfully, I called the field office and they are still selling tickets for the first few ports, so I'm going to go ahead and buy field programs from SAS (I know my parents are smiling right now.) I just didn't make the time to organize this before I went to the Alpha Centennial in D.C., but there is still hope! Well, I must depart for the communal shower...What an adventure-at least they are cleaned every 20 minutes supposedly. After the shower I will repack my suitcase- complete with my new skinny jean-white tunic-fab pink belted outfit. (shopping in moderation...) and head to Rite-Aid for the forgotten items. I will probably write again with my first impressions of shipboard life. You can also see pictures from the ship at groups.msn.com/SemesteratSeaFall2006 Also, go to www.semesteratsea.com to send me a e-postcard that I can view for free. I did say free. There may be no free lunches in life, but at least I can get a post card :) I am so excited about my day in Hawaii! I am torn between going to Waikiki and the Polynesian Cultural Center/lua. More later,
All my best,
Rhonda

2 Comments:
Hi Baby-Girl,
Where to start? Mother knows best is all i'll say! Make a list and Check It Twice. I miss you already but, this is a "Blessing From On High!" There is so much to see and do on this journey. Please take the time as you view Gods Handy Work to Give Thanks. You will visit places many people only see in text books. You are a "BLESSED" Young Lady and i am so proud that God chose me to be your mother. Be mindful of people around you the ship is huge and not everyone on board is God-fearing. Yes, Rhonda i know you can handle yourself. Just be aware and alert. The bible says "Watch and Pray!" Enjoy yourself and watch your eating habits.Keep your room clean, well at least picked-up ;)!!
I Love You, Ma
Oh My Goodness! You are there and not here, but realy there!!!! I am so proud to be one of your friends, you are absolutely amazing!! Live it UP!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home