Tuesday, July 04, 2006

"In the beginning..." Ahem, good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. First, I would like to give honor to God, who is the head of my life. ;) With that said, let me tell you a bit about this blog. For my friends, family, and relative strangers who wonder why I would decide to jump on a boat with 700 strangers for a trip around the world, this is for you. I will take this opportunity to share my voyage trials, triumphs, and hysterical moments with you. Since I only receive 250 minutes of free internet for 3 MONTHS my correspondence will be somewhat limited to this page. Please post comments and questions, as I endeavor to read and respond weekly.

The Best is Yet to Come!!!

Rhonda

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I saw your post about the NPHC on the SAS message board. I'm definitely glad there will be another Black Greek representative on-board besides me. Unfortunately it looks like we are the only ones :-( But I guess we never know until we get on the boat! Maybe some frats will pop up. Looking forward to meeting you!

Kiyana

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, my daughter went on Spring 06 voyage and I enjoyed reading her and the other student blogs. I will be following you this trip. Remember many people read your blog so be careful what you write. Some of our friends who are teachers used the blogs to inspire their students to dream, as vocabulary lessons, geography lessons and that's just to mention a few examples. I am sure you will meet many exciting people and experience more than you could possibly imagine. Have fun and take advantage of every opportunity to experience something new. If you find yourself limiting what you do because of finances, don't let that stop you, use your feet and explore. Looking forward to hearing from you! Email me before you leave, I have some info re what my daughter did about hair care that might be helpful on the ship. edwardsg@att.net

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Baby-Girl
A verse that will bless your day Psalm 48:1 Great is the Lord, and Greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his hoilness.

Be Sure To Give A Great Day.
Love Mommie

P.S. Chancelor is off today and i am glad. He needs the rest and i am letting him sleep late. Papa is taking the family out to celebrate Adrain's 36th birthday tonight. Of course there is only one place he wants to go. "Red Lobster."

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of T.D.Jake "FAVOR A'INT FAIR."
Now Baby-Girl, You Know That Statement To Be True!
I Luv Ya, Mommy

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhonda,
I am glad to know that the experience you are having at SAS is an epiphany of sorts. However, I want to remind you that you were raised to be the best person you could possibly be and glorify God in all your doing. Blackness maybe the color of your skin... let it not be the content of your character. It's not what society or the majority thinks of you that matters... It's what you think of yourself. The greatest contribution you can make in the lives of those you encounter is to reflect the image of the Almighty God... who was neither black nor white... Neither Jew nor Greek; but Holy, Righteous, Loving, Just and above all Accepting. See God and Only God in this wonderful opportunity you have.

We miss you... Much Love

Daddy

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home